Sunday, July 5, 2009

Surprise! Free Pattern Friday on a Sunday Night!


Hey Y'all,
Hope you had a splendid 4th of July weekend. I certainly did. Among other things, I got started on a cool yoga mat bag with some rockin' Noro I just picked up on sale down at the store, aka My Happy Place. Yeah, yeah, I know, me and my Noro... The bag I'm working on is actually based on a pattern-in-progress being designed by my friend Lisa. As soon as she nails it, I'll share it. (Being impatient to make the project, I'm trying to guess where she's going with it-- so far, so good.)

For now, I'm here to share with you the Wavy Crayon Wrap, which is HCW's take on a free pattern by Laurie Osborne called Wave and Shell Shawl. It was also inspired in part by Carrie Thielmann's Striped Sole pattern. As Suzanne writes in her notes over on Ravelry, "I used the same Wave and Shell Shawl pattern but didn't see the second page. So I guess this is a dumbed down version."

Dumbed down? Maybe. Dumb? Absolutely not. This version is made with Noro (yay Noro!) Kureyon Sock yarn and, as you can see, it knits up totally gorgeous.

Here's what you need:

2 skeins (924 yards) Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn-- be sure to get two different colors. Which, since you'll be using the ever-variegated Noro, means that actually you'll have about 400 colors mixed throughout those skeins combined. Sort of like fireworks, you know?

Then just click on the above link for Laurie's pattern and your choice-- you can skip the second page, too, or knit as instructed. Either way, it'll turn out great.

No comments: