Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Zebra in Time for the Chill!



Hey Y'all,
Valerie just finished a very groovy scarf that she's calling Forever Zebra. I sent her a quick note to ask her for details and here's what she had to say.

Q: Did you come up with the pattern or use someone else's?
V: It's a pattern by Marggarete Dolff, a designer from Bocholt, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany, called Zebra Scarf.

Q: Where can we get our hands on the pattern?
V: It can be found in the Yarn Forward Magazine No. 25, June 2010.


Q: Tell me about the yarn?
V: The magazine listed 3 yarn alternatives to what the designer used her scarf :
Save- Kauni Effekt
Spend - Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn
Spoil Yourself - Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball


Q: What did you wind up picking?
V: I decided to treat myself and went with the Schoppel-Wolle Crazy Zauberball in 2 contrasting colorways. Really happy I did, it was a joy to knit with and fun to see how the colorways worked against each other.


Q: What was the process like?
V: It is all done with short rows which I love to knit. Very easy once you get going and setting up a series of stitch markers helps you not have to ever count, but the first time you do a section. I always look for ways to make the process easy and fun to knit with any project I work on.

Q: At what temperature can you start wearing this?
V: I can start wearing it now. It's very lightweight. And it's always cold at work. I Plan on wearing the scarf tomorrow for the first time since the weather is really suppose to be changing....

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Wonderful News the designer will be offering the pattern for the scarf soon on Ravelry.