Monday, January 24, 2011

It's Time for My ALL TIME FAVORITE Class!


Hey Y'all,
Spike here. I have taken MANY classes at HCW and I can honestly say I have enjoyed them all. Socks, Spinning 101, Doggie Sweaters, Fair Isle, Mitten Knittin'-- the list goes on. Why I even once took a class to learn how to make a cute cabled purse. (If you don't know me, let's just say that I am the last person on the face
you'd catch sporting any "cute" accessories-- unless we're talking Boston Terriers.)

Even though it's not necessary, and though it is really difficult, and wildly unfair to do so-- I am going to say that of all the classes I ever took, the one I loved best was the Top Down Sweater Class with Deb. There are all sorts of reasons for this. It was an early class in my knitting adventures, and helped me to stop being afraid of classes. I learned something new. And I felt sort of like someone who jumps out of a plane attached to an instructor who can pull the ripcord if need be. Deb didn't really lean over my shoulders, take my hands and do the knitting for me. But she sure was RIGHT THERE there whole time. I made a top down sweater from this gorgeous Manos that is a cross between the color of an avocado (inside) and the Grinch (outside). I wear that sweater ALL the time. Constantly. It is my favorite garment. Sure, I've knitting up lots of sweaters since then. And I do love them and get them out to wear. But something about this top down sweater-- I am so connected to it in part because it reminds me of taking a big step up in my knitting.

Well here's the great news-- it's time for another Top Down Knitting Class!
Details below.
Really- you should sign up!


TOP DOWN SWEATER CLASS



February 1, 8, 15
10am- 12pm
Fee: 65.00
Join Deb Marvin for this 3 CLASS SERIES in this fast and fun style of sweater knitting!
WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT TOP DOWN?
NO SEW seamless - translate- MINIMAL FINISHING!!
Knitted ALL IN ONE PIECE!
Easy to CUSTOMIZE as you go!
It's FUN!
A great FIRST GARMENT!
PREREQUISITES: Basic knitting skills
SUPPLIES: Students should select a 'Pure and Simple' cardigan or pullover sweater pattern and select yarn and needles according to the pattern. Students may also select a pattern from Ravelry like the Lady February sweater in the photo
.
Please contact Deb to determine you have any questions regarding your choice of pattern
marvinfamily@sprintmail.com
IMPORTANT!!!!!
STUDENTS MUST BRING:
Basic knitting supplies
Tape measure
Calculator
Pencil and Paper
COME TO CLASS WITH YOUR YARN IN "READY TO KNIT" CONDITION. YOU DON"T WANT TO MISS CLASS TIME WINDING YARN!

No comments: