Thursday, January 7, 2010

In Honor of My Birthday...



Click here for the free pattern for the knitted birthday cake pictured above.

Hey Y'all,
In honor of my birthday, all of the merchants on South Congress have decided to throw a big party TODAY. It's actually starting in a few hours. I know, I know, a lot of people are going to confuse it with First Thursday, but I'm telling you, it's all about me, me, me.

Naturally, my favorite shop on SoCo-- Hill Country Weavers (do I really need to spell this out?)-- is celebrating in a very big way by offering a very nice special discount on some very warm yarn. If you got the email note telling you that this sale was in honor of the Longhorns' game tonight, please know that was just a trick. I repeat: This is all about me, me, me.

Before I tell you the splendid details of the sale, let me just tell you one more birthday related item. See, my ACTUAL birthday is Sunday. And where will I be? Why I will be AT MARKET WITH SUZANNE! Yes, that's right, finally, after years of going to quilting conferences to report on them, at long last I am going to a knitting extravaganza. And yes, I'll be blogging while we're out there to let you know all the cool new stuff companies are trotting out for Spring and Summer. You know, I thought it was so cool that the SoCo merchants were honoring me, but when I found out that TNNA (the folks that host the knitting extravaganza) had actually planned their event to land on my birthday...and that they picked Sunny California for the event (knowing my feelings about the cold)... well, well, well, I don't know what to say.

I hope y'all enjoy my birthday and stay warm. Better knit yourself up something cozy right quick. Here's info on the big sale to inspire you:

LOVE YOUR LONGHORN FIRST THURSDAY!!!!

LOVE YOUR LONGHORNS??
well HCW does too! ! (except for one unnamed Sooner)

To honor our HORNS and keep our Kiesters warm in the record breaking cold..............

20% OFF ALL SHEEP WOOL
(any percentage)!

want more??

ADDITIONAL 5% IF YOU WEAR BURNT ORANGE OR BUY ANY BURNT ORANGE YARN!

and some very important information:

WE ARE CLOSING AT 7:00pm SHARP & THE BOSS SAYS NOT ONE MINUTE LATER!!!

No comments: