Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Reminder: One Click and You Can Make a HUGE DIFFERENCE! ONLY 5 DAYS LEFT!!


Hi Everyone,

Last week, I wrote a post (you can read it by clicking here) about how Austin knitter Jane King is working hard to make a huge change in the lives of Colombian orphans. And she's doing it with knitting.


I mentioned Jane is part of a contest and that by voting for her-- it takes just a click, no money-- you can help her organization win $20,000 which will go a very long way. Today I want to tell you that the voting process can seem a little tricky. I so want Jane to win this that I am asking you, if you haven't voted, to please consider doing so. And I'm trying to simplify the process for you. Here goes.


1. First, you do have to have a FaceBook account.

2. Use the SEARCH box on your FB homepage to find Chase Community Giving.

3. You have to "LIKE" Chase Community Giving to vote. (You can "unlike" later.)

4. Once you LIKE you click on this link.

3. You'll see two boxes. One says CHARITY NAME. Click inside the box and type in: Colombian Orphanages.

4. Hit SEARCH.

5. This will take you to Jane's page COLOMBIAN ORPHANAGES.

6. At some point in the process you will need to hit "accept."

7. Now you can VOTE FOR JANE'S ORGANIZATION.


I know this is a bit of a process, but consider that the three or four minutes it takes you can, literally, save a life. Jane has got to get back into the top 200. She was in the top 100 for most of the contest but now all the groups are really pushing hard. I've watched her votes more than double in a week from 450 to nearly 1,000. Let's try to get it to 2,000, eh? Please share this with everyone you know.


If you are still having issues, you can email me at spikegillespie@gmail.com and I'll do my best to walk you through.

Thanks!

Spike

No comments: