Thursday, March 11, 2010

Retreat Yourself! Join Us April 9 - 11 for Knitting Retreat!!



Hey Y'all,
Next week, roughly five hundred billion musicians and music fans will descend on our fine city. Many, perhaps most, of them define "vacation" and "fun" as staying up 24/7 for about six days straight, listening to deafeningly loud music, and attempting to see 400 shows in less than a week. I certainly used to be one of those people. Now, vacation for me means sometimes purposefully leaving Austin during SXSW. Not that I don't love it. I just get overwhelmed by it.

Toward that end, I leave for Argentina on Monday. Hopefully I'll work in a little trip to nearby Uruguay, land of Punta, Malabrigo, and Manos. (If that happens, I might not come back...) Whenever I go on vacation now, I always work knitting into the picture. Sometimes that just involves looking for shops and getting some souvenir yarns. Other times-- like every September-- I go on a knit-centric jaunt. The September event I speak of is the Knitting and Yoga Adventures Retreat on Monhegan Island. I've blogged about it before. If you want to know more about it you can check out the official website or read the blog.

For those of you who want a knit vacation but don't have the time/money to go far, far away for a week, I have GREAT NEWS FOR YOU! Robin is hosting a weekend knitting retreat that is nearby-- yet feels far away. It is also reasonably priced. There are only a few slots left. Here are some details and you can email Robin if you want to attend:

Dates:
Friday April 9, 2010 at 10 am til Sunday April 11, 2010, late afternoon checkout.

Location:
Moriah Cabins are located in Marble Falls, looking over Lake Travis. Click here for details about the property-- it is GORGEOUS.

What Exactly Happens At the Retreat?
It's a weekend of knitting, eating gourmet food and snacks, (imbibing), visiting, walking, napping, making memories and getting pretty with manicures, pedicures, and massage therapy. A grown up girl's sleepover weekend plus knitting!
How Much?
Rates will be $350-ish or thereabouts for the weekend, including food. Girlie services are all extra and will be paid to the individuals...The more folks we have the lower the price.

What If I Can't Go The Whole Weekend?
There will be a day rates for folks who can come out for one day, but those spots are going quickly.
How Do I Contact Robin?

Important Note:
Once you sign up there is a NO CANCEL policy. So if you have to back out at the last minute, you need to find someone to replace you.

A Final Word From Yours Truly:
Y'all, if you have not ever been on a knit retreat, let me tell you IT IS SO SO SO SO SO FUN! I just can't convey it in words. Please join us. I can't wait.
Spike

No comments: