Tuesday, March 2, 2010

But Wait, There's More: New Shibui Sock Yarn!






Seems like every post these days is about new inventory rolling in. This feels like the next part of my how-the-store-works learning curve. Let's see, it's been nearly two months since I went to Market and now I'm seeing how the orders come in in a staggered fashion. Which means that every time I head over to the shop I get to drool anew. Now that the Shibui sock yarn is here, I'm super-drooling, since I'm on a roll with socks this year.



Maybe making that mammoth sweater coat (aka the world's most expensive Snuggie) last year prompted me to head down Sock Lane. I'm digging highly portable smaller projects right now. The socks I'm knitting, on size 2 needles, make me feel like I've really acquired some skills in the past ten years. (A friend saw these, and after years of watching me make biggish projects on biggish needles, scrutinized my tiny stitches, and said, "This looks like REAL knitting!")

So, a bit about Shibui-- the Portland company imports yarn from around the world and dyes it all sorts of groovy colors which they give equally groovy names like 50's Kitchen and Beach Ball. A lot of the new stuff is from the Staccato line which is a blend of 65% Superwash merino, 30% silk, and 5% nylon. Super soft. And the socks at the top are from a Shibui pattern-- check out their patterns page for inspiration.




No comments: