Monday, May 4, 2009

Dear Stella (Episode 2)


Dear Stella,
Everywhere I turn, I hear people talking about social networking this and social networking that. I’m afraid I’m a little out of the loop on this. Can you explain? Thanks.
Signed,
Not a’Twitter

Dear Not,
I’m guessing you’re talking about online social networking. I actually prefer my social networking via some good sniffing sessions down at the dog park. But I have to admit that the Internet can be a handy way of meeting like-minded folks who share your passions.

We’ve had a Hill Country Weavers' website for years now. And awhile back, we joined Ravelry, an online community for knitters. But in the past few weeks, we’ve really gotten motivated to learn for ourselves what all the fuss is about. So we started a Facebook page, signed up for Twitter, and got this blog going. So now you have all sorts of ways to keep track of what we’re up to—from mini-bursts of micro-blogs on FB and Twitter, to these longer entries here at our blog (with Free Pattern Fridays!). Of course you can always come down to the store or join us at KnitBuzz for some face-to-face community building. There’s a list of classes and meet-ups at the website.

Meanwhile, here’s a handy, all-in-one list of where you can find us, friend us, and follow us on the web:


Be our friend on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter!

Check out our blog. (Hey, you already are!)

Get info on the store-- classes, gatherings and more.

Be our friend at Ravelry!

See ya online,
Stella
(woof)

No comments: